Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It’s A Piece of Cake !

Yippee! This time I’m so delighted to publish about something I’d always love to taste… Cakes! Yum! No matter butter cake, sponge cake, meringues, chiffon, cupcake, gateau, or whatever the type is, it can always cheer me up. Besides, the cake that I usually eat at home is my mom’s creation. I can feel her warmth of love in every bite of the cake and that feeling is something I will always treasure.  

Baked cakes are indeed delicious, but do you know? A cake does not always have to be baked in order to create an appealing result. Why don’t try to steam it? Steamed cake tastes good too! One thing is needed to make a steamed cake tastes better: keep it in refrigerator before serving it.

My mom had made a vanilla steamed cake for a special day. She cut it in half and spread blueberry and cream on it. Taraaa… it’s so pretty that I must preserve the look of the cake!  

Blueberry Vanilla Steamed Cake

Another thing that should be kept in mind while steaming the cake is that you must not open the steamer’s lid to take a look at it, or else, your cake will not rise perfectly and result in a lumpy and dense texture, not a soft one. 

So, how do you know whether the cake is ready or not? The only way is to follow the recipe and keep experimenting. Also, the length of steaming time may differ based on steaming heat, size of steamer, and the size of the cake itself. 

Blueberry Vanilla Steamed Cake

Well, any comments or questions? Please do not hesitate to let me know!

Happy Cooking! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment